New Markets Support Company does not discriminate and is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Financial Analyst
NMSC is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. NMSC offers small business financing to underserved areas and people and provides financial services related to the New Markets Tax Credit industry to other organizations.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis for NMSC and its various business lines and fund investments, as well as reporting and communicating variances and trends to management. Also, includes financial modeling and analysis of portfolio data.
• Work with management to develop and improve financial planning models for each of our business lines
• Develop and maintain various financial models and standard templates, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
• Coordinate the annual budget process including preparation, pertinent analyses, communications with department heads and budget approval
• Perform periodic balance sheet, income statement and cash flow variance analysis, adjusting budgets and forecasts as necessary, investigating and reporting any inconsistencies
• Working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
• Develop and maintain budgeting and forecasting reports for quarterly board meetings
• Provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of NMSC’s performance
• Coordinate the preparation of management reports including periodic budget to actual comparisons and quarterly revenue forecasts
• Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits
• Perform data input, maintenance and analysis of fund and investment financial models to help manage and monitor fund performance
• Assist with collecting and analyzing portfolio data related to loan performance, community impacts and other data needed necessary for purposes of drafting the annual NMTC application and use in internal and external communications
The ideal candidate will have bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or CFA designation preferred. A minimum of three or more years of experience in accounting or finance related field, real estate finance experience a plus. Skill sets must include superior oral/written communication; ability to work independently and with a team; work on numerous projects at the same time, strong analytical abilities and proficiency in Excel with the ability to work on complex spreadsheets and create and maintain financial models. Knowledge of automated accounting systems and procedures. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and outside business professionals. Produce accurate and timely information within defined deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements via fax to (312) 360-0804, e-mail to Rosa Hall, or mail to The National Equity Fund, Human Resources Department, 10 South Riverside Plaza, Ste. 1700, Chicago, IL 60606.
NEF/NMSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER